Sunday, May 31, 2009

Let's Have a Quilting Party Tonight!


Let's have a quilting party tonight in our cute quilted robes from Best's!

Pajama parties after ten will soon be known as quilting parties, for young things off to boarding-school and college are choosing Best's new quilted robes, stitched like the quilts that Grandma used to make.
Miss Shanton and Miss Maurice are having one wild time! But according to the photo captions, Shanton is suffering from "mannish frogs." At first I thought she'd gotten the frogs by cavorting with young Shanton, but now I know that they are "An ornamental looped braid or cord with a button or knot for fastening the front of a garment" and not some type of old-timey venereal disease.

4 comments:

Gary said...

Yup - that's a "frog." My mother had told me the funny name for the button-knot device decades ago.

So long ago, in fact, I'll bet that "nice" girls like Miss Shanton and Miss Maurice didn't know about V.D. (Or how to go about getting it?)

Oh, for the long-ago days when words were more innocent, before texting led to sexting...including a felony charge against a teen who sent a picture of herself at a pajama party, in a non-provocative pose (but the prosecutor saw it differently).

Could one get into trouble sexting someone fully-attired in flannel???

Mantelli said...

Hmmm...sizes 14, 16 and 18. I wonder what their equivalents would be in today's sizing?

Lois said...

Hmmm....I have never seen anyone, male or female, wear open heeled sandals with pajamas before.

Morgaan James said...

I only wear open heeled sandals with pajamas. Some may say it's retro but I thinkit's coming back.

I wanted to find the other post where you mentioned using a spatula to spread hair removal cream. Here in Manila, I have discovered that not only do they READ the Muffy Blog, they FOLLOW it to such an extent that hair removal cream now COMES with a small spatula. True Story.

I still have 6 weeks to go. Perhaps I will find other examples of how you influence cultures across the globe.

Cheers!

MJ