Sunday, February 08, 2009

UPhold Update: "Roadbird"

A brand new UPhold song, and it's actually FUN! It even has a cowbell.

"Roadbird" is a drastic remix of part two of "The Road To Avondale," which will be available on the new "Roade" CD in just a few days. Last year I thought it would be interesting to make danceable versions of all the "Roade" songs, but now that I've moved to the new computer that would be very inconvenient and difficult. Plus these sorts of reworkings take an awful lot of energy.

So "Roadbird," currently, is the only one, but I think it's a bit of a gem. You can hear it at the Listening Station.

2 comments:

Eli McIlveen said...

Yeah! Nice groove going on this. I'm liking the moody ambiance on "Humpback" too (now that I've perma-borrowed an iPod to listen to things again).

Adam Thornton said...

Thanks! I originally thought they'd be throw-away songs but I'm starting to really like them, now that I've stopped needing to tweak them.